Platelet Rich Plasma is another form of Proliferative Therapy. The PRP process utilizes a person’s own blood to stimulate the body to repair ligament and tendon fibers as well, as bones and muscles. Healing components, extracted from the blood, are injected into an area of injury (joints, ligaments and tendons). Once the solution is injected, ( the solution stimulates the body to initiate its own healing process.)
Soft tissue injuries treated with PRP include:
- Tendinopathy “torn or ripped tendons”
- Tendinosis – tendons weakened
- Acute and chronic muscle strain
- Muscle Fibrosis – a type of injury cause by over training or extensive strain
- Ligament sprains
- Joint capsular laxity – the loosening of joints due to weakened muscles
- Intra-articular cartilage problems
- Mensical injury – a type of knee joint tear or sprain
- Chronic synovitis or joint inflammation
Platelet Rich therapy is revolutionary new technique that has achieved dramatic results in difficult orthopedic situations. PRP has been hailed in many publications as a remarkably effective healing process that works where other healing techniques fall short. It is being used more frequently in sports and injury-related healing with increasing effectiveness.
Learn more. Read:
Free Yourself from Chronic Pain and Sports Injuries – by Donna Alderman D.O.
Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain – by Pete Egoscue